Welcome to my blog!!

My name is Beth and I am a stay at home mum of two gorgeous girls. I began to crochet when I was expecting my eldest daughter and have never stopped. Crochet is my hobby and I love that others can benefit from it.

I love to create things that are Individual and Unique. Most items I make are one of a kind so you will never see anyone else with the same!

I use a mixture of patterns, modified patterns and ideas from my own head to provide a great selection of babies and childrens clothing, toys and accessories.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Winter is here!!

Well today is officially the first day of winter!!!!

Boy don't we know it- the temperature has really dropped this last week or two and after only 2 years living in NZ I have found myself acclimatised to the NZ winter. Coming from the NorthWest of England I am definately used to much colder weather and rain like this that lasts for weeks on end.

I have had to fish out my gloves and hats and the same for the girls, although my youngest still seems to think that if she can see the sun then it is sunny and she can still wear shorts and a t-shirt to go to kindy! She does like her hats though so at least her head will be warm.

The bonus the the cold and wet weather is I don't seem to feel guilty if I get home from the school run- change into my pj's because my trousers are wet, put the fire on and curl up on the sofa with a book or my laptop. I would never dream of doing that in the summer when we can have visits to the beach on the way home from school or sit out on the deck with a book while the girls do painting or some other kind of crafty thing. Oh and I get to make lots of yummy heart warming food that just never feels right to eat in the summer like stews and casseroles and soups!

What do you like and dislike about the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment