Welcome to my blog!!

My name is Beth and I am a stay at home mum of two gorgeous girls. I began to crochet when I was expecting my eldest daughter and have never stopped. Crochet is my hobby and I love that others can benefit from it.

I love to create things that are Individual and Unique. Most items I make are one of a kind so you will never see anyone else with the same!

I use a mixture of patterns, modified patterns and ideas from my own head to provide a great selection of babies and childrens clothing, toys and accessories.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, June 4, 2010

Free Publicity

Well yesterday I became famous!!!!

A couple of weeks back I did a brief interview and a little photo shoot for a section in the Dominion Post. This was to run alongside a spread about Baby Vintage and as one of their homemade stockists I was asked to be a part of it.

I took my girls along and a few of my toys for a photoshoot at the local beach. Yesterday it was in the paper, here's what is said about me:

"Beth Brittain has always loved to crochet, and now she has a market for her soft bunnies and delicate baby clothes. "Baby Vintage is keeping me busy, especially with the bunnies over Easter" says Beth. The family came to Porirua from England 2 years ago, settling in Camborne. Crocheting has long been a hobby of Beth's and she has recently created the label "Crochet by Beth" to market her handmade goods."

The article also talked about Trixie Monkey, Buttonz and Little Scribblerz who are all also stocked at Baby Vintage in Plimmerton.
There is a nice big photo in the paper too- I will try and scan it into my computer or see if I can find it online when I have a little more time.

Anyway- best get on now and make some more bunnies for the Parent and Child show!

No comments:

Post a Comment